SURFACE WATER TEMP: 15.1
°C UPDATED: 20-05-2022
SURFACE WATER TEMP: 15.1
- Visit our latest news
section for all the latest Vobster updates
Vobster Quay welcomes open water swimmers with a range of high quality facilities that provide all you need to enjoy a fun and leisurely swimming experience.
RELAXING & INVIGORATING
OPEN WATER SWIMMING
Welcome to the UK's friendliest open water swimming venue. Please note that from the Autumn of 2020, you will need to be a member to visit Vobster Quay under further notice.
We offer swim members the option to choose a timed booking slot every day, for 7 days a week. The timed booking slots will start at 08:00 mid-week and 09:00 at weekends.
We still require that swimmers must swim in pairs - or at least have one assigned land based spotter who watches them throughout their swim - unless they are swimming during a life guarded timed slot. We will be increasing the number of life guarded sessions during Summer 2021.
Please do not turn up if you are not a current member and have not booked a session.
STAY SAFE AS YOUR SWIM
We like to think that Vobster Quay offers the highest quality, friendly & stress-free place to open water swim. To ensure your safety and enjoyment, we ask all swimmers to observe the following rules and safety guidelines...
- All swimmers must be competent pool swimmers and must be capable of swimming a minimum of 400 metres (16 x lengths of a 25m pool) continously and confidently over deep water.
- Swimmers must swim in pairs or at least have an assigned land-based spotter who watches them throughout their swim.
- All swimmers must wear a suitable brightly coloured and highly visible swim cap whilst in the water.
- All swimmers are advised to wear a suitable swim wetsuit for warmth and buoyancy.
- Swimmers wishing to swim without wearing a swim wetsuit will be required to accept the terms of our non-wetsuit declaration.
- Please swim either in the designated coaching and training area or following a clockwise rotation of the marked 750m swim course - see swim course site map boards.
- Avoid swimming over divers bubbles - divers may make rapid ascents which could cause injury if you are above them.
- Swimmers must be over 16 years of age.
To enjoy open water swimming activities at Vobster Quay, we ask that you are able to meet these simple requirements:
- You have no health issues that may either impede or pose a risk to you whilst open water swimming.
- You can competently swim a minimum of 400m continuously without swimming aids and without stopping.
- You are comfortable swimming in deep water and can tread water for a minimum of 1 minute.
- You have taken part in open water swimming activities before.