STAY SAFE AS YOUR SWIM
We like to think that Vobster Quay offers the highest quality, friendly & stress-free place to open water swim. To ensure your safety and enjoyment, we ask all swimmers to observe the following rules and safety guidelines...
- All swimmers must be competent pool swimmers and must be capable of swimming a minimum of 400 metres (16 x lengths of a 25m pool) continously and confidently over deep water.
- We are pleased to be able to have a lifeguard on all swim sessions from 2022. You no longer have to bring a buddy to swim with or a land based spotter.
- All swimmers must wear a suitable brightly coloured and highly visible swim cap whilst in the water.
- All swimmers are advised to wear a suitable swim wetsuit for warmth and buoyancy.
- Swimmers wishing to swim without wearing a swim wetsuit will be required to accept the terms of our non-wetsuit declaration.
- Please swim either in the designated coaching and training area or following a clockwise rotation of the marked 750m swim course - see swim course site map boards.
- Avoid swimming over divers bubbles - divers may make rapid ascents which could cause injury if you are above them.
- Swimmers must be over 16 years of age.
To enjoy open water swimming activities at Vobster Quay, we ask that you are able to meet these simple requirements:
- You have no health issues that may either impede or pose a risk to you whilst open water swimming.
- You can competently swim a minimum of 400m continuously without swimming aids and without stopping.
- You are comfortable swimming in deep water and can tread water for a minimum of 1 minute.
- You have taken part in open water swimming activities before.