SHARE THE ADVENTURE
HOW TO INVITE A GUEST
Want to share your adventures with your best friend? Inviting a friend along for a relaxing swim, dive or SUP session is very easy to do - just follow our step by step guide to what's involved and you'll be swapping stories in no time!
- First, create your session booking via our online booking portal at app.vobster.com.
- On the YOUR SESSION BOOKINGS screen, each of your booked sessions should have two buttons - CANCEL and ADD GUEST. Click on the ADD GUEST button and the guest invite screen will appear.
- Click on the 'Email me a link' button and then check your email inbox. You should receive an email from us containing a link - forward this email containing the link to your guest.
- When you return to the booking portal, the 'ADD GUEST' button will change to +1 PENDING. Once your guest has registered with us and confirmed your invite, this will change to BOOKED.
- Note that if you cancel your booking, your guest's booking will automatically be cancelled too. Guests cannot attend a session without the member who invited them.
- IMPORTANT - Before leaving home, please check that your guest has completed their registration! You will receive an email confirming their completion, so please nag them in advance to do this. You can also check the status of their invite through the booking system - their invite will change from 'PENDING' to 'COMPLETED'.
- Your friend will forward you a link generated by our booking system. Follow this link in the email and you'll be taken to our booking system.
If you're not already registered on our system, click on the REGISTER button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to register yourself on our system. You'll be asked to add your address and contact details, followed by various health and COVID declarations - these must all be completed to complete your registration. The system will generate a temporary password for you - make a note of this as you will need it later.
- Once you've completed the registration process, you'll be taken to the YOUR SESSION BOOKINGS page where the sessions you have been invited to attend will be listed. You don't need to do anything to accept the invite - your acceptance will be confirmed automatically when you sign in to the portal.
- If you are unable to attend the session, remember to CANCEL the session so others may use it.
- IMPORTANT - you MUST complete your registration before arrival at Vobster Quay. Failing to do this creates unneccessary delays and, on very busy days, MAY LEAD TO YOU BEING REFUSED ENTRY.
- There are only a finite number of guest spaces available for each session. If you are unable to add a guest to your booking then the reason is simple - all guest spaces have been taken. No exceptions will be made.
- All guest spaces MUST BE PREBOOKED through the booking portal at app.vobster.com - our staff cannot do this for you so please do not ask. Please do not just turn up with your guest!
- Members can only invite ONE GUEST per session. This cannot be overriden so please do not ask.
- Guests can only attend the same session that the member is attending - they cannot choose a different session or activity.
- Guests must be accompanied by the member that invited them - if that member cancels their own booking, the guests' booking will be automatically cancelled too.
- Members must attend the session with their guest. If the member fails to turn up to a session that the guest attends, the member may be charged for the session they failed to attend.
- Please note that once a session is 90% full, the 'Add Guest' function will no longer be available. The remaining spaces will be available to members only - not their guests.
- For swimmers, please also ensure that your guest has a tow float or cap for the session - both items are available to purchase in the Vobster Quay shop.